I am proud to say that a group of 9 moms and working women can still stay up until three in the morning - and with such a little amount of caffeine!Late Thursday night/early Friday morning, a group of us Twi-hards headed to the Downtown AMC theaters to see our favorite book (one that makes you forget your husband, children and all other responsibilities for that matter) on the big screen. The excitement was palpable, this is a group that has watched every You Tube video, movie trailer, interview, and music video available and hundreds of times (I wish I was exaggerating). We have discussed, dreamed and envisioned how this movie should come together and how it might fail to hit the mark.
I would like to add that we weren't the youngest viewers but we weren't the oldest either. AMC had four screens showing Twilight and it was an eclectic group of boys, girls, men and women of all ages. The energy was great...the wait long and the movie...sucked. I know that a movie cannot capture all that a book does but when it doesn't even capture the basic premise of undying love, you've got a problem. I could go on and on about where I felt it fell short...but instead and I will spend my time saying READ THE BOOK! As Nicole has said (and the movie demonstrated) "boys in books are better!"
Here is what some of the reviews are saying:
When Bella stumbles, as she does at least three times, it's funny. When the vampires first appear, looking anemic, unblinking, and impractically coiffed, it's funny. When Edward catches a whiff of Bella in biology, it's downright hilarious.
Confidential memo to Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward: Next time, wax your chest hair. Edward is supposed to look like he's carved from marble, not lambs' wool. - MSN
~ ~ ~
When Bella (Kristen Stewart), who has come to Forks, Wash., to live with her police-chief dad, sits next to Edward in biology class, he acts like he's suffering a seizure (or an attack of bad Mexican food). - Entertainment Weekly
When Bella (Kristen Stewart), who has come to Forks, Wash., to live with her police-chief dad, sits next to Edward in biology class, he acts like he's suffering a seizure (or an attack of bad Mexican food). - Entertainment Weekly
~ ~ ~
And despite questionable casting, wooden acting, laughable dialogue and truly awful makeup, nothing is likely to stop young girls from swarming to this kitschy adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's popular novel. - USA Today
1 comment:
Sucked the monkey. Big time. Love the note to Edward to wax his chest hairs!!
Post a Comment