Like the sucker I am, I agreed to be the Halloween Class Mom and organize the party. I found some GREAT ideas (http://www.familyfun.com/), sent them off to the moms that wanted to help and we got the party started!! So the night before, Mike and I start creating the "Cheesy Monster Fingers" that I signed us up for! Should be easy...string cheese, carrots and a little carving - this we can handle!! Well, 20 minutes later...five warm, fingerprint laden, gooey string cheeses and no finished product we start to lose our patience. I call it off and we find something else to do. Mike of course, cannot be defeated by a food product and continues to work on perfecting his craft. So, another 20 minutes and "wa-la" we have fingers on a cracker! Now while they may look good, the ingredients make them less than tasty - warm string cheese that has been man-handled, carrots, vanilla frosting to hold the 'finger nail' in place and the finger on the ritz cracker and finally red icing. Mmmm...Mmmm....gross!Sunday, November 9, 2008
Martha Stewart...NOT!!!
Like the sucker I am, I agreed to be the Halloween Class Mom and organize the party. I found some GREAT ideas (http://www.familyfun.com/), sent them off to the moms that wanted to help and we got the party started!! So the night before, Mike and I start creating the "Cheesy Monster Fingers" that I signed us up for! Should be easy...string cheese, carrots and a little carving - this we can handle!! Well, 20 minutes later...five warm, fingerprint laden, gooey string cheeses and no finished product we start to lose our patience. I call it off and we find something else to do. Mike of course, cannot be defeated by a food product and continues to work on perfecting his craft. So, another 20 minutes and "wa-la" we have fingers on a cracker! Now while they may look good, the ingredients make them less than tasty - warm string cheese that has been man-handled, carrots, vanilla frosting to hold the 'finger nail' in place and the finger on the ritz cracker and finally red icing. Mmmm...Mmmm....gross!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment