Monday, November 24, 2008

Reading In Our Minds!!!

Em has taken to reading (as her mom is rarely without a book in hand these days -all credit going to J.K. Rowling and Stephenie Meyer). As of late my favorite place to read is anywhere I have some quiet. Thus, the bathroom has been my private retreat (see 1st Grade and Loving It blog entry for great story!)

Each Wednesday, Em gets a new book from the library at school. Her book of choice lately has been small print 6th grade chapter books. The other night she and I were reading and I asked her to go down the page and read to me all the words she recognized. She did as I asked and then looked at me and said, “Can we go back to reading in our minds – it’s much faster for me.” I agreed and fifteen minutes later, she had “read” 100 pages!!!

No comments: