Friday, December 12, 2008

Em's Day at the Ballet!

This past weekend Em got to go see the Alberta Ballet Company's production of The Nutcracker at the Spokane Opera House with her Papa Dave and Nana Pat. As you can see, we got all dressed up for this big event.

Emily had a blast and danced around the house like Clara for days to follow. When I told her that I had seen it as well, she promptly informed me that I wasn't there so HOW could I have seen it! I tried to explain that when I was her age my Mom had taken me. In my attempt to show her that I knew what I was talking about, I started rattling off some of the characters. When I got to the Mouse King she let me know unceremoniously that "He (the Mouse King) was killed dead - you couldn't have seen him Mom." So much for trying to relate!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

My stuck up self still says that the PNB version is better, but I'm glad she had fun (and she looks darn cute)!