Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This is the way I am made!

It is the night of the Prairie View Spring Extravaganza for 1st and 2nd graders and we have just come home from the 'performance.' Just as we step in the door Emily melts down and says:

Em: "It isn't fair..."

Me: Interrupting her mid-sentence, "We don't start any sentence that way, you know how I feel about that."

Em: "But there isn't anyway else to say..."

Me: Interrupting again..."there is ALWAYS another way."

At this point I will sum up the next 20 minutes by saying we engaged in a FULL blown drama queen moment all because Mrs. Bell's class got to wear pajamas for the concert and she didn't. Furthermore, no one told her that they were wearing pajamas. (Yes, my child believes EVERYTHING should be run past her - in the interest of fairness to her.)

Finally we get upstairs and I have her putting on her pajamas and I say:

Me: "Em, why do you think you need to behave like this?"

Em: "This is the way I am made. This is the way God made me." (Note this way delivered with a tear sliding down her face, a slight quiver in her voice and her hands palms up - but straight
faced.)

I can't begin to tell you what went through my mind!!!

No comments: