Thursday, March 19, 2009

Book Review - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society ~ A Novel
by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
This was a great book! I listened to it which only added to my enjoyment! The book is a series of letters which tells the story of Juliet Ashton and the people she meets while trying to research a new book topic. The friendships and adventures that she finds on Guernsey will FOREVER change her life.

The audio version was super to listen to as each character is read with a different voice by different actors. As the reader, you begin to differentiate the voices and characters and fall in love with them just as much as Juliet does!

1 comment:

Krissi said...

I started reading this, but haven't been able to really get into it. Maybe I'll give it another try now:)