The Purple Dragons just wrapped up their fall season of soccer and they did it on a great note! I would love to tell you our record...but I am not quite sure, maybe 5-2. In the U7 (under 7) league we aren't suppose to keep score (explain that to six incredibly competitive girls!) but they always manage to be relatively accurate in their 'guess-timates.' It was a great season and Em has really taken a liking to soccer. She is (by accident I assure you) developing into quite the defensive player. She had a WONDERFUL goal block during a game and she had a goal that game as well! She really enjoys the girls and they seem to have a great time! As to be expected the highlight of any and every game is the soccer tunnel and the snacks!! Not necessarily in that order.
We feel very lucky as the coach and the parents on the team are super! You hear horror stories going into things like this because you never know who you will be paired up with. We were fortunate enough to be able to carry this team over from last year so the girls already knew each other and were anxious to see each other again! I can't begin to tell you the improvement we all saw from U-6 to U-7!!! The games were super exciting and the lessons on victory and defeat were more profound. Funny story about defeat...it isn't just the girls that don't take it so well. During this season we had a crushing loss...myself and another dad (we shall call him, Joe - because that is his name) got a little worked up during this game. When Thursday's practice came around, we got a little talking to about sportsmanship. Keep in mind our coach was kind enough to speak to all the parents...but Joe and I knew who he was really speaking to!!! As I said, we are so fortunate to have such great people around us!!
We feel very lucky as the coach and the parents on the team are super! You hear horror stories going into things like this because you never know who you will be paired up with. We were fortunate enough to be able to carry this team over from last year so the girls already knew each other and were anxious to see each other again! I can't begin to tell you the improvement we all saw from U-6 to U-7!!! The games were super exciting and the lessons on victory and defeat were more profound. Funny story about defeat...it isn't just the girls that don't take it so well. During this season we had a crushing loss...myself and another dad (we shall call him, Joe - because that is his name) got a little worked up during this game. When Thursday's practice came around, we got a little talking to about sportsmanship. Keep in mind our coach was kind enough to speak to all the parents...but Joe and I knew who he was really speaking to!!! As I said, we are so fortunate to have such great people around us!!Now we prepare for winter break - but it is okay as we know we will get to join up with them all again this spring for the rest of the soccer season. GO PURPLE DRAGONS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment